dreamlike


ffffound

It was as if you had a spell over me. I was alone and backpacking through Europe. You started talking to me on the metro. I remember the easiness that came with talking to you, the interest I had in what you had to say, and how special I felt with your eyes peeled only on me. We spent the next 48 hours together, you and me. We talked and laughed about music and movies but also opened up to each other about things that mattered. You were so intelligent. Even as we walked through galleries and museums in such a historical setting as Europe, I learned more from your stories, your point of view, and your lease on life. And just 48 hours later, our time was up. Trains booked going opposite directions, more places to go and people to meet. Strangers merely a few days ago, why did my heart ache so much as you walked me to the train station and kissed me goodbye? I don’t think I’ll ever see you again, but that’s okay. Because you made me feel like I was in a beautiful dreamlike world for 48 hours, and now I know that I can’t settle for anything less. Because after meeting you, I have a taste of what it feels like to find someone extremely special, and I dream about the day when I will meet a guy that makes me as happy as you did for decades and decades to come rather than just 48 hours.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog